Are you looking for the perfect day care for your little one? There are many parents who are about to head to work. For them finding the right day care is crucial. The following are a few tips which would help you find the perfect daycare for your child.
Things to keep in mind when searching for a daycare center
Finding a daycare doesn’t have to be a headache. The following steps would help you in the process and make it much easier:
- Use social media to your advantage. There are several mum groups on Facebook. You can get advice from all the mums on the platform. Once you post you would be surprised to see the number of responses that you get. It is a whole network and you are bound to find something useful which could help you select the right day care center.
- Once you have got a few names, try to take a tour of all of those daycares which have been mentioned. Make a list of all the ones which you actually like. This would help arriving at a decision much easier.
- Check out any accreditation which the day care might have. This would help you know about the standard which they follow and the staff that they employ. It is important that the daycare should have received accreditation from your state.
- It is also important that you ask the right questions. Get to know the kind of teachers that the employ? Do the teachers have relevant degrees? Do the caregivers have the right kind of experience?
- When you visit a day care centre observe the surroundings carefully. You should be looking out for the way the caregivers are dealing with the children. Do the children look happy? Do they seem to be enjoying themselves?
- Another thing which you should also note is the way that the children are being treated. If the children look bored and unhappy you are definitely not going to send your kids to this particular Centre. Instead you would rather send your children to a place where they can run around and be looked after.
- Also consider the cost of the day care. You need to make sure that the price fits within your budget. For parents who are sending the first baby, there aren’t other expenses which they might have to consider. However parents who are already paying the fees for an older child might want to consider a place which is more budget friendly.
- Another thing which you need to consider is the adult to child ratio. It is advised that there should be one adult for every three children.
- Also consider the security of a child. Does it look like a place where you think your child can be safe?
- Last but not the least parents should rely on their gut instinct. If you strongly feel that something is not right about a particular day care you might want to refrain from sending your child over there. Instead look for other options and you are bound to find one which is suitable for your child.
We all know how hard it is to select a good school for a kid. The primary school is the most basic step to learning, a place where the child gathers a grip on his learning capabilities. Moreover, it is the place where the kid acquires a sense of standing on his own and similar practical things that marks his transition from his comfy home to a professional learning center. This transition needs to be established at a place that can help the kid grow rather than impacting on him negatively. To build his fundamental step, it is important to choose the best primary school for your kid.
The most basic thing that you need to consider before sending your kids to school is reading the curriculum that is studied in the school. It may come as a surprise but there are courses that are not just taught to put a burden on the kids but to actually help them build an intellectual foundation. By checking out the subjects that can be taught, you can gather an idea of what subjects are missing.
Way of teaching
An important thing to consider when selecting the primary school for your kid is to assess the methods of teaching picked at schools. This assessment helps you to evaluate the behavior which teachers endorse with kids and the cooperation they offer to them while teaching. But the thing with this factor is that there are chances of scams with planned visits. What you should do is pay surprise visits to leave little for people who play with first impressions.
There is a competition that often goes amongst the schools for different academic scores. This will come in your favour but do not fall for the ones exhibited in highlights. Find a deeper way to evaluate how these schools have participated in their academics, curriculum and sports such that you do not fall for scam.
The thing about choosing primary schools perth is parents often look for the basic things but forget the simple things such as safety of schools. When you are sending your kid to an unknown environment, you would wish for his safe return. See where the school is located, is there a guard within the premises and what measures has the school taken for safety of kids.
There is often talk about how the school performs at an academic level but what is forgotten are the basic facilities that the school is responsible to offer. These facilities include water, time for food breaks, computers, libraries, counselling services, nutritious lunch, sport facilities etc.Continue Reading...
For example, the High School Certificate in NSW is called HSC (High School Certificate), while in Victoria it is called VCE (Victoria Certificate of Education) … We will try however to bring ourselves back to the standards of the system.
Education is recognized as an essential pillar for the whole of Australia and every year the Government invests billions of dollars in the development of the education system and in university research. Today, all the services offered by schools are designed and organized for the needs of the student, so that his training and personal path is the maximum, all at a lower cost than the other Anglo-Saxon countries! But the most significant fact is that graduates in Australian universities easily find work, in their area of study, both in Australia and abroad .
Secondary education in Australia
It includes from the 7th to the 12th school year (generally students have from 12/13 years to 17/18). At the end of Year 12 we obtain the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE), a certificate whose name varies according to the Australian state. During Year 11 and 12, VET courses are held, known as Certificate I and II.
Tertiary Education in Australia
The qualifications of the school system are classified by the government through the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Australia offers two academic paths: the Vocational Education and Training sector (TAFE and RTO) which issues Vocational Graduate Certificates and Vocational Graduate Diplomas, and the Universities that issue Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas (Higher Education). The details in the table:
AQF qualification by sector of accreditation
School Sector Accreditation Vocational Education and Training Sector Accreditation Higher Education Sector Accreditation
Certificates I to IV
Certificates I to IV prepare students for the world of work or for post-secondary studies , in a wide range of fields.
Lending institutions: Technical and Further Education (TAFE) or Registered Private Training providers (RTO). Duration: there is no specific duration, they vary from time to time and from the type of course.
Prerequisites: Qualifications are not required, but some courses may require work experience or proven competence in specific subjects.
Eg Certificate IV in Business: prepares students for “entry” positions in the areas of Human Resources, Marketing, Management and Administration , or for post-secondary professional studies.
Diploma and Advanced Diploma
The Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs in Australia prepare on complex theories and practical elements in a wide choice of technical or management roles .
Lending institutions : TAFE or private educational institutions.
Duration : two to three years. Prerequisites : generally a Certificate IV in the field of study; some courses may also require work experience skills tested in specific subjects. Eg Diploma in Business and Advanced Diploma in Business : prepare students for positions as “supervisor” in the areas of Human Resources, Marketing, Management and Administration , or for post-secondary professional studies.
It seems to have become a fashion … I go to study in Australia because there are the best schools, the best (and most expensive) universities, I go there because a degree acquired there is very important abroad, or I simply go there because it’s cool.
What is said less is that most of the time “I go to study in Australia” simply because … I have no choice. That will sound a little strange to you but you will soon understand why, let’s try to go step by step:
COURSE OF STUDIES IN AUSTRALIA
There are plenty of them … Really guys, or as they say here in Australia, seriously , the amount of courses available in Australia is almost embarrassing: they range from the classic English courses, on various levels, then IELTS preparation, general or academic , basic English courses etc, to the so-called ” Vocational ” courses, or professional specialization courses, such as Tourism courses, Business and Management courses, Hospitality (the correspondent of the professional courses of hotel institutions in Italy), Marketing courses , Accounting (accounting) courses, Pilates, Yoga, Fitness, Surf, Soccer coach and so on and so forth
Obviously there is also the possibility to enroll in university courses of various kinds, the same ones found in any other part of the world.
The duration of the study courses varies from a few weeks (for some English courses) to 2-3 years, passing courses of 3, 6, 9, 12 months.
For an in-depth analysis of the university career in Australia, take a look at this video interview .
HOW to enroll in a STUDY COURSE
There are countless ways to start your studies, even independently, for example by contacting the institution of your interest after having carefully selected it after careful research. Research, however, which must be carried out in English, so a basic knowledge of it is definitely necessary.Continue Reading...